OpenRC Formula 1 Car Project
In the spirit of this I recently decided to 3D print and build Daniel Norees OpenRC Formula 1 Car.
The plan is to report my progress throughout the entire build, hopefully though to a successful completion.
Just as in my Beginner Series I guess there’ll be some issues which I’ll have to resolve, but that’s all part of the fun. I expect this project to involve the following steps:
- Download the .STL files and documentation
- 3D print plastic parts on my MakerBot Replicator 2
- Purchase metal parts, like the bearings, screws, bolts and nuts
- Build the rolling chassis from these 3D printed and sourced parts
- Purchase electronics and fit them to the car
- Test drive and tweak the car until it runs well
- Make some updates to contribute to the OpenRC F1 project
Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes and with a bit of luck it might inspire you to take on the project yourself. Anyway, here we go, enjoy…